Parents: Below are a few website addresses that may be of some help.
- The National Association of School Psychologists -- Talking to Children About Violence: Tips for Parents and Teachers
- American Psychological Association – Helping Your Children Manage Distress in the Aftermath of a Shooting
- American Academy of Pediatrics – Resources to Help Parents, Children and Others Cope in the Aftermath of School Shootings
- The National Association of School Psychologists -- A National Tragedy: Helping Children Cope
- American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry – Children and Grief
- Massachusetts General Hospital for Children – Talking To Children About A Shooting
- Child Mind Institute – Caring For Kids After A School Shooting
Provides articles on the following: Talking to Your Children About the Spate of School Shootings, How to Talk to Your Children About School Shootings, and Arresting Violence.
STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES
Ashley Raynor, School Psychologist
Telephone: (716) 326 - 2151 ext. 210
Megan Morrison, School Psychologist Intern
Telephone: (716) 326 - 2151 ext. 236